(1) Any traditional monarch who confers a chieftaincy title on a person who has misappropriated public funds will be deposed. Their communities will be barred from replacing such a monarch for a 10 year period
(2) Any church or mosque that receives the proceeds of corruption will have its premises sealed and its operating licence revoked
(3) Any company that receives misappropriated funds as a form of investment will be taken over by the Asset Management Company of Nigeria and auctioned off
(4) Any political candidate who receives misappropriated funds as campaign donations will be disqualified. Inec just needs to obtain a court order to effect this
(5) Any entertainer who receives the proceeds of corruption to perform will have their operating licence revoked
(6) Any properties, vehicles, clothing, jewellery, etc or amenities purchased with the proceeds of corruption will automatically be forfeited to the federal government
(7) Anyone who accompanies a person found guilty of misappropriating public funds on a foreign holiday will be treated as an accomplice and liable to a five year jail term at the very minimum
(8) Any political party chairman who receives the proceeds of corruption will be subject to criminal proceedings for aiding and abetting crime. He or she will be liable to a 10 year prison sentence
(9) Any private jet bought with the proceeds of corruption will be automatically seized and given to the national carrier to use as its management deems fit
(10) Any lawyer found to have aided and abetted the misappropriation of public funds will be barred from operating for life. He will revive a life ban
Nigerians are being very hypocritical with their feigned revulsion of corruption. If those who stole public funds were not regarded as heroes, corruption would die a natural death.
It only thrives because society reveres wealth irrespective of how it is got. Corruption needs to be tackled by changing the way people think and altering our distorted values.