By Ayo Akinfe
Areas where there needs to be serious cutbacks:
(2) Chieftaincy title acquisitions
(4) Spraying at parties
(5) Parties in Dubai
(6) The proliferation of monarchs
(7) Relentless aso ebi sewing
(8) Each family owning more than two cars
(9) Owning more than two homes
(10) Going abroad for medical treatment
We have got to stop chanting government, government, government. If for instance a group of herbal experts come up with a Covid-19 remedy, it is the private sector that must mass produce it, not the government.
Such mass production can only happen when we have thriving private sector firms. Every naira spent on frivolities like an owambe or enriching your general overseer is a naira taken away from investment in industry.
Anyone chanting government is just refusing to accept that crude oil is a thing of the past. Going forward post-coronavirus, the Nigerian people have to realign their priorities