Last week, the whole of Nigeria was talking about the unique attire President Buhari wore during his one day official visit to Imo State. However, have we cashed in on it?
I am gobsmacked that nobody in Imo State, a part of the country renown for its commercial clout and industrial nature has spotted the opportunities...
First of all the military clampdown must end today. There are no Boko Haram or Iswap terrorists in the southeast, so all political prisoners should be released, all charges against Nnamdi Kanu should be dropped and Ipob should be recognised as a civil society agitation group. Southeast Nigeria is not Sambisa Forest or...
Given that farm production is certain to be significantly reduced as a lot of Nigerian farmers have had to abandon production due to the activities of Fulani herdsmen, bandits and kidnappers, our government needs to start thinking of a contingency plan to avoid a food security crisis
Last year, vice president Professor...
According to Britain’s Department for International Development (DfID) UK-Nigeria trade was worth £3.4bn in 2016. President Buhari should demand that this be boosted to around £50bn over the next five years. There are sectors like power, automobiles, railways, healthcare, etc where Britain has a lot of...
Yam - 47.9m tonnes
Cassava - 59m tonnes
Kolanuts - 140,000 tonnes
Shea nuts - 303,000 tonnes
Melon seeds - 606,000 tonnes
Bitter Leaf - No production figures available although Nigeria is believed to account for about 50% of global output
Cocoyam - 5.38m tonnes
Air potato vine (monkey yam) - No production...
(1) If you ask me, having Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as the head of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) makes it imperative that Nigeria becomes a serious player in the global economy. It is highly embarrassing that Africa accounts for 18% of the world’s population by only 3% of its trade. It now falls to Nigeria to...
(1) Maize - We currently produce about 11m tonnes. We need to up this to about 20m tonnes to have enough maize to feed livestock commercially
(2) Palm kernels - We are currently producing about 1.3m tonnes a year but need to increase this to at least 5m tonnes as we consume about 2m tonnes...
(1) A nation of 42 states with each of them generating at least $10bn in wealth annually
(2) A country accounting for 50% of global animal feed production with cassava and yam serving as the two main ingredients
(3) A country that had emerged as the world’s largest chocolate producer
(4) A health service that...
(1) A pepper grinding and corn milling machine
(2) A cocoa shelling machine
(3) A double decker molue that can rival Volvo buses in terms of quality
(4) Air conditioned bus stop booths
(5) Double decker railway carriages
(6) An egusi shelling machine
(7) A machine that removes maize from the cob