This picture was taken on April 29, 1975 when the Vietcong captured Saigon. The Americans had to beat a hasty retreat and evacuate all their people immediately
Is it not ironic that September 2 is actually Vietnam’s Independence Day when they celebrated freedom from the French in 1945. Fast-forward 76 years and...
How many Nigerians know that Pakistan is actually the most similar nation to Nigeria on earth? In terms of population, GDP, generated electricity, literacy rates, number of hospital beds, kilometres of tarred roads, level of corruption, religious fanaticism, etc, the figures obtainable in both countries are almost...
Increase the size of our gross domestic product to about $5trn
Become the world's largest manufacturer of electronic automobiles
Take a cue from India who pride themselves on being the Pharmacy of the World and become the largest manufacturer of tropical drugs
Overtake Vietnam as the world's largest...
NIGERIA has been listed by the World Bank as one of the three countries on the planet with the highest rate of electricity deficit alongside Democratic Republic of Congo and Ethiopia as well as being among the top 20 countries that lacks access to clean fuel.
In what is a major impediment to its development, Nigeria only...
Our herdsman crisis can only be resolved by opening cattle ranches. We need to attract about $5bn to build six mega ranches with accompanying leather tanneries, milk processing plants, veterinary clinics and animal feed compounders
In Turkey, they used Islamic finance to build a Eurostar-type railway tunnel under the...
(1) China- 12.6bn
(2) India - 2.1bn
(3) Brazil- 895m
(4) Vietnam- 760m
(5) Indonesia - 660m
(6) Pakistan - 295m
(7) Thailand - 245m
(8) Mexico- 245m
(9) Italy - 205m
(10) Turkey - 175m
With a population of 200m people, surely Nigeria must manufacture at least 400m shoes a year. Maybe this is just a case of poor...
(1) I often wonder if there is any agency in Nigeria monitoring global product development. What I have in mind is a body of intelligent men and women who follow demand and supply fundamentals and then make sure Nigeria reacts to them accordingly
(2) For instance, the global rubber industry was valued at $40.77bn in 2019...
NIGERIA'S federal government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to enhance cashew production under an ambitious plan to diversify the nation's economy.
One of the world's largest cashew producers, Nigeria has a crop of about 260,000 tonnes but she is still...
NIGERIA'S ongoing marginalisation within the global textile industry took a turn for the worse this week when Pakistan announced that it has launched a n audacious raid on the world market by acquiring a US manufacturing company.
With the purchase of raw materials by industrialised countries on the decline as a result of the...
(1) We have a 2021 budget of $33bn but are planning to borrow at least $14bn to fund it
(2) We are poised to spend $7.8bn importing used cars and motorcycles in 2021
(3) We have no plans whatsoever to join the rest of the human race in looking for a remedy to this virus. Has it occurred to us that if Nigeria developed...