Nigeria's federal government needs to set them a foreign direct investment (FDI) target of about $5bn a year
All this diaspora investment needs to be protected by the Local Content Act, which guarantees duty-free access to the Nigerian economy
As a starting point, we should offer a tax holiday to all those...
OVER 200 Nigerian doctors registered with the British General Medical Council (GMC) during the months of April and May this year making Nigeria the country with the third highest number of foreign doctors working in the UK after India and Pakistan.
In the UK, the GMC, licenses and maintains the official register of medical...
NIGERIA Diaspora Commission (Nidcom) chair Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa has commended the International Humanitarian Action (IHA) for acting as an umbrella group in the industry and providing succour for over 235m people worldwide this year.
Yesterday, IHA presented the 2020/2021 Nigeria Humanitarian Year Book 2020/21 to Nidcom...
President Joe Biden is about to embark on a $2.3trn spending spree in what is being dubbed as the modern equivalent of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal. It is designed to create millions of jobs, rebuild national infrastructure and position the US to out-compete China
Many of the challenges the world currently faces,...
BRITISH minister for Africa James Duddridge has expressed concern about the growing insecurity in Nigeria saying the violence unleashed by Boko Haram sect and its allied groups poses a great risk but added that the UK is willing to help combat the menace.
According to the Institute for Economics and Peace's 2021 Global...
(1) Probably the only policy of President Buhari I am in love with is his romantic affair with Niger Republic. No matter how long we delay things, ultimately Nigeria and Niger Republic need to merge one day. That is inevitable!
(2) For starters, by 2050 Nigeria is poised to become the third most populated nation on earth...
NIGERIAN diaspora remittances fell by 27% year-on-year in 2020 to $17.2bn from $23.55bn in 2019 as the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic hurt Nigerians living abroad hard forcing them to reduce the amount they remit back home.
Although Nigeria itself has been spared the worst excesses of the global pandemic,...
CENTRAL Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) officials believe that the new remittance policy of the federal government will lead to the country’s foreign remittances rising to as much as $34.89bn by 2023.
Up until last year, remittance recipients were only able to collect their cash in naira but with...
(1) Investment in agriculture, acquaculture and animal husbandry
(2) Investment in power generation
(3) Manufacturing of consumer goods
(4) Production of industrial goods
(5) Food processing
(6) Steel processing
(7) Railway and road expansion
(8) Housing development
(9) Automobile manufacturing
(1) For starters, the United Nations average policemen to citizens is 300 police officers per 100,000 inhabitants. In Nigeria, the figure is a dismal 300 policemen to 350,000 citizens, so massive recruitment is needed
(2) Policemen in Nigeria are renown for bribe taking because of their poor remuneration packages. Police...