Brazil produces about 770m tonnes of sugarcane annually that generates about $36bn in revenue for the country’s economy
As far back as 2011, 1.1m people were employed in the Brazilian sugarcane industry. Despite instances of poor conditions for workers, it is one of the highest paying agricultural sectors in Brazil,...
(1) Maize - We currently produce about 11m tonnes. We need to up this to about 20m tonnes to have enough maize to feed livestock commercially
(2) Palm kernels - We are currently producing about 1.3m tonnes a year but need to increase this to at least 5m tonnes as we consume about 2m tonnes...
(1) Cocoa - We need to boost our annual harvest to 1m tonnes from the current 330,000 tonnes
(2) Rice - We need to boost our national harvest to 10m tonnes from the current 4m tonnes
(3) Sugarcane - We need a 10m tonne crop, up from the current 38,000 tonnes
(4) Palm oil - We need to boost output to 20m tonnes from...