First of all the military clampdown must end today. There are no Boko Haram or Iswap terrorists in the southeast, so all political prisoners should be released, all charges against Nnamdi Kanu should be dropped and Ipob should be recognised as a civil society agitation group. Southeast Nigeria is not Sambisa Forest or...
By Ayo Akinfe
Africa is in the middle of the world and Nigeria is in the middle of Africa. If you actually look at a map of Africa, the continent is shaped like a gum and Nigeria is exactly where the trigger should be
In terms of landmass, Nigeria is only number 14 in Africa. Yet we have the largest population and the biggest...
Turn Nnewi into another Detroit by attracting every single automobile manufacturer there. All sorts of sweeteners should be offered to woo them
Build two more River Niger crossings. One should be a railway crossing that ends up in Lagos
Dredge the River Niger up to Onitsha, turning it into Africa’s largest inland...
Build an 830km Atlantic windmill wall along our coast from Badagry to Calabar. We should set ourselves a target of generating at least 5,000MW from this project
Build a 25,000MW hydro-electricity power plant at the confluence of the Rivers Niger and Benue in Lokoja. This will involve the creation of an artificial Lake...
(1) Nnewi will be turned into the Detroit of Africa with a pledge to woo every autobiography manufacturer in the world there by 2025. Ever car company must have a local manufacturing plant in Nnewi
(2) By 2025, Anambra State will generate at least $100bn internally. It will subsequently withdraw from the federal...
(1) Kogi - At the River Niger/Benue confluence at Lokoja
(2) Ogun - Along the Ogun River on the outskirts of Abeokuta
(3) Kaduna - At the Matsirga Waterfalls
(4) Anambra - On the Anambra River at Agulu
(5) Adamawa - Along the River Benue at Yola
(6) Delta - On the banks of the River Niger at Illah
(7) Osun - Along the...
(1) The federal government shall build six new dams on the rivers Niger and Benue to create artificial lakes to avoid the rivers breaking their banks
(2) All state governments must build similar dams on the major waterways in their territories such as River Kaduna, Ogun River, Owena River, River Anambra, Imo River,...
(1) One thing that makes my heart bleed is the fact that as a continent, Africa has very little man-made infrastructure to show the rest of the world. All we really have are the pyramids of Egypt
(2) At a time when the rest of the world is building the fastest, tallest and biggest of everything, we are fast asleep. In...
(1) Is there any agency in Nigeria dealing with the issue of silt in our rivers?
(2) Across the far northern tip of Nigeria, farmland is being eroded by desert encroachment
(3) Large parts of southeast Nigeria are made up of soft clay soil not suitable for agriculture and prone to erosion
(4) If we dredged just...