President Joe Biden is about to embark on a $2.3trn spending spree in what is being dubbed as the modern equivalent of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal. It is designed to create millions of jobs, rebuild national infrastructure and position the US to out-compete China
Many of the challenges the world currently faces,...
(1) Across Europe and North America, plans are in full swing to ease the Covid-19 restrictions this year. By my calculations, we will be back to normal by the summer
(2) In the UK in particular, it appears that the economy cannot sustain the lockdown for much longer anyway, so come what may, the restrictions will be...
(1) Investment in agriculture, acquaculture and animal husbandry
(2) Investment in power generation
(3) Manufacturing of consumer goods
(4) Production of industrial goods
(5) Food processing
(6) Steel processing
(7) Railway and road expansion
(8) Housing development
(9) Automobile manufacturing
(1) If you ask me, having Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as the head of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) makes it imperative that Nigeria becomes a serious player in the global economy. It is highly embarrassing that Africa accounts for 18% of the world’s population by only 3% of its trade. It now falls to Nigeria to...
FORMER finance minister Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has officially assumed office as the director-general of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) after the body's general council confirmed her appointment as a special meeting today.
During the final round of voting by WTO delegates last year, Dr Okonjo-Iweala emerged victorious,...
PRESIDENT Joe Biden has offered to attend the next African Union (AU) summit as part of his administration's collegiate approach to global affairs in stark contrast to the unilateralist America-first policy of his predecessor Donald Trump.
Between 2017 and 2021, President Trump adopted a unilateralist approach to foreign...
FORMER finance minister Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has moved a step closer to being confirmed as the next director-general of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) after her sole opponent Yoo Myung-hee of South Korea withdrew from the contest.
During the final round of voting by WTO delegates last year, Dr Okonjo-Iweala emerged...
PRESIDENT Joe Biden has appointed another Nigerian to a prominent position in his administration naming Enoh Ebong as the new acting director of the US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
A civil servant who rose up to the ranks of deputy director within the USTDA, Ms Ebong served in different roles as general counsel,...
(1) One thing I love about figures is that they never lie. Nigeria’s population is growing at a rate of 2.6% per annum, so if we want to end all this banditry, kidnapping, terrorism, armed robbery, etc, we simply need to create jobs for our youth
(2) We have a population of about 200m, meaning that every year, some...
(1) Six mega cattle ranches will be established across Nigeria
(2) It will become illegal for cattle to roam across Nigeria or anywhere outside designated ranches
(3) All Fulani herdsmen will be disarmed by the Nigerian government
(4) Each cattle ranch will have schools, technical colleges...