(1) Popularly known as dogonyaro, neem is widely grown across northern Nigeria where it is put to several uses. It is time to tap into this potential goldmine
(2) Nigeria is the world’s second largest neem producer behind India but you can be guaranteed we are not taking advantage of the crop as they are. India has a...
NIGERIA'S federal government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to enhance cashew production under an ambitious plan to diversify the nation's economy.
One of the world's largest cashew producers, Nigeria has a crop of about 260,000 tonnes but she is still...
(1) This year, about one third of Nigeria’s $33bn annual budget shall be funded by borrowing. We simply do not generate enough wealth as a nation to raise a paltry $33bn despite having a population of 200m
(2) Sadly, Nigeria is a mono-economy with about 95% of government revenue coming from crude oil exports. With...
(1) Maize - We currently produce about 11m tonnes. We need to up this to about 20m tonnes to have enough maize to feed livestock commercially
(2) Palm kernels - We are currently producing about 1.3m tonnes a year but need to increase this to at least 5m tonnes as we consume about 2m tonnes...
(1) Top marks to President Biden for hitting the ground running with his economic stimulus plan on day one. It is very impressive and shows he was ready for office long before he was sworn-in
(2) I fully expect the US Congress to pass his economic stimulus bill. Reading through the proposals, it is clear that if you...
NIGERIA'S ongoing marginalisation within the global textile industry took a turn for the worse this week when Pakistan announced that it has launched a n audacious raid on the world market by acquiring a US manufacturing company.
With the purchase of raw materials by industrialised countries on the decline as a result of the...
(1) India - 5.9m km
(2) Brazil - 1.75m km
(3) South Africa - 750,000 km
(4) Thailand - 702,210 km
(5) Indonesia - 542,310 km
(6) Turkey - 445,000 km
(7) Mexico - 393,473 km
(8) Iran - 291,014 km
(9) Pakistan - 263,942 km
(10) Nigeria - 193,200 km
We have our work cut out as neither our road nor...
(1) We have a 2021 budget of $33bn but are planning to borrow at least $14bn to fund it
(2) We are poised to spend $7.8bn importing used cars and motorcycles in 2021
(3) We have no plans whatsoever to join the rest of the human race in looking for a remedy to this virus. Has it occurred to us that if Nigeria developed...
(1) Worldwide, about 80m hectares of irrigated lowland rice provide 75% of output
(2) Irrigated rice is grown in bunded fields or paddies, which are surrounded by a small embankment that keeps the water in. Our Niger Delta is tailor-made for this kind of rice production
(3) Rainfed lowland rice is grown in river...
NIGERIAN leading airline Air Peace has stepped up its expansion into the international market with the launch of an 11-hour non-stop flight between Lagos and the Jamaican city of Montego Bay this week.
Yesterday, the maiden flight left the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos for Jamaica according to Stanley...