Last week, the whole of Nigeria was talking about the unique attire President Buhari wore during his one day official visit to Imo State. However, have we cashed in on it?
I am gobsmacked that nobody in Imo State, a part of the country renown for its commercial clout and industrial nature has spotted the opportunities...
First of all the military clampdown must end today. There are no Boko Haram or Iswap terrorists in the southeast, so all political prisoners should be released, all charges against Nnamdi Kanu should be dropped and Ipob should be recognised as a civil society agitation group. Southeast Nigeria is not Sambisa Forest or...
Increase the size of our gross domestic product to about $5trn
Become the world's largest manufacturer of electronic automobiles
Take a cue from India who pride themselves on being the Pharmacy of the World and become the largest manufacturer of tropical drugs
Overtake Vietnam as the world's largest...
Gucci and Lui Vitton handbags
Microphones and loudspeakers
Is there any reason why Nigeria should not aim to be the world’s number one manufacturer of all these products by 2030? We...
(1) Gucci and Louis Vuitton handbags
(2) Private jets
(3) Foreign four wheel drive vehicles
(4) Designer clothing
(5) Expensive phones like iPhones and Samsung
(6) Communication gadgets like iPads, laptops and desktop computers
(7) Junkets in posh holiday resorts like Dubai
(8) Gym and fitness equipment
(1) Buying private jets when we do not have an aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) in Nigeria is just an act of economic sabotage as all is does is drain foreign exchange and enrich foreign aircraft manufacturers
(2) Buying generators when you could install solar panels on your roof is not only economically...
(1) Governors of the 19 states of northern Nigeria will make land available so the country’s cotton cultivation area is increased to at least 2m hectares
(2) Nigeria’s Bank of Industry will make loans available to all cotton farmers at an interest rate no higher than 2%
(3) Nigeria’s Arewa Textiles company will...
The Fulani Cattle Company
This subject needs no further introduction. We need all the wealthy Fulani livestock owners to pool their resources together to form a massive company that will operate ranches, dairy companies, leather tanneries, abattoirs and animal feed compounders. It should turn Nigeria into a major exporter...
As we debate the creation of cattle ranches across Nigeria, are we aware of the fact that the global leather goods market was valued at $414bn in 2017, it is expected to reach $629.65bn by 2025? Here are the top 10 producers worldwide.
(1) China produces 6.17bn square feet of leather goods and...
(1) Paying 10% of their earnings as tithes and zakat. All you are senselessly doing is breeding a clique of millionaire clergymen
(2) Spraying money at owambes. It is actually very inflationary
(3) Bankrolling the tourist industries of Saudi Arabia, Israel and the Vatican by going on needless religious...