Nigeria shall have a gross domestic product (GDP) target of $1.5trn by the year 2030 with the aim of unveiling an annual budget of $300bn. According to the African Development Bank, Nigeria has an annual infrastructural deficit of $100bn. We have to set ourselves the target of narrowing that gap significantly,...
Nigeria is willing to offer all G7 member states observer status at the Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas). This is to facilitate massive investment in West Africa with an annual minimum target of $500bn
Nigeria is offering free land and five year tax holidays to the big automobile manufacturers like...
(1) I wonder if Nigerians have noted how certain companies and countries are exploiting the economic openings this pandemic provides. For starters, online firms such as Zoom, WhatApp, Instagram, Twitter, etc are making a killing. So too as green companies like Tesla, who are cashing in on reduced travel. Nigeria has a...
(1) Sell it to a steel company at a giveaway price to convert it into a manufacturing plant. Just imagine how Corus Steel would love the gift of a readymade plant
(2) Invite oil companies to come and buy it and convert into a facility that can rival Dangote’s Lekki plant. Dangote’s facility can meet all Nigeria’s...
(1) General Motors
(4) John Deere
(8) Tyson Foods
(9) Hewlett Packard
We need about $50bn in foreign direct investment in 2021 to save us from economic strangulation. If these companies come to Nigeria, it will create about 1m new jobs...
(1) Looking at the collegiate approach President Biden is adopting, it is crystal clear that the way forward over the next four years will be team politics
(2) President Biden has already cancelled the bilateral Keystone XL Pipeline contract with Canada in favour of the more multilateral approach as epitomised by the...
(1) US companies need to expand into new origins close to raw materials where production costs will be lower. Nigeria has got to be on a top global list of five favourite investment destinations
(2) As we speak, hundreds of US firms are relocating from China as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. They realise it is...
(1) Nigeria is willing to offer the US observer status at the Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas). This is to facilitate massive US investment in West Africa
(2) Nigeria is offering free land and five year tax holidays to the big three US automobile manufacturers General Motors, Chrysler and Ford. We want...
NIGERIAN clean energy expert Damilola Ogunbiyi has been named as the co-chair of the UN Climate Change Conference’s (COP26) Energy Transition Council ahead of Climate Week 2020 due to kick off in the UK.
Ms Ogunbiyi is currently the United Nation's (UN) special representative for sustainable energy for all and the co-chair...
This is a picture of the chairmen on the three major US automobile companies and their directors outside the White House, taken in December 1941 after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour. They had been summoned by President Franklin Roosevelt
Totally unprepared for war, lacking military equipment and not having any...