(1) In 2019, US foreign direct investment (FDI) worldwide totalled $5.96trn
(2) Within the US itself, FDI during that period totalled $246bn, with about $125bn of this coming from Japan
(3) Every industrialised nation worldwide takes FDI very seriously because it opens up new markets for their goods, creates ancillary...
(1) Ensure that annual gross domestic product (GDP) is never below 10%. Single digit growth should be considered recessionary
(2) Attract a minimum of $50bn in foreign direct investment (FDI) annually
(3) Hold monthly meetings with the 36 state commissioners of trade & industry and ensure that they each attract a...
(1) I have studied the recent report just published by the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics and from everything I can see, the economy looks set to shrink by between 9% and 10% during the course of 2020 as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic
(2) Anyone thinking the government can bail the country out is...
(1) It is inevitable that Donald Trump is facing a humiliating scenario whereby after all his bluster, he is going to have to concede that he lost the recent US presidential elections. I am sure his biggest problem now is how to do it without losing face
(2) This is where Africa needs to step in. Being the African giant...
MAIDSTONE and The Weald Member for Parliament Helen Grant has been appointed by British prime minister Boris Johnson as the UK's new trade envoy to Nigeria as part of an ambitious programme to grow commerce between both nations.
Ms Grant, 59, who trained as an orthopaedic surgeon, was born in Willesden, north London to an...
Foreign direct investment (FDI) figures
(1) US -$4bn
(2) UK - $2bn
(3) Hong Kong - $1.9bn
(4) China - $1.5bn
(5) Ireland - $1.47bn
(6) Brazil - $778.5m
(7) Mexico - $500m
(8) India - $367.5m
(9) Vietnam - $318.7m
(10) South Africa - $139.2m
For Nigeria, the annual FDI figure was $118m. Given that we do not...