10m tonnes of steel
20m pre-paid electricity metres
5m electricity transformers
20m mobile phone handsets
2m automobiles must be assembled locally
10m flatscreen TV sets
10m tonnes of maize
5m tonnes of sugar
10 tonnes of rice
50m pairs of footwear
1,000 railway carriages
20bn kg of milk
(1) Ensure that annual gross domestic product (GDP) is never below 10%. Single digit growth should be considered recessionary
(2) Attract a minimum of $50bn in foreign direct investment (FDI) annually
(3) Hold monthly meetings with the 36 state commissioners of trade & industry and ensure that they each attract a...
(1) The NNPC is to be privatised with the government holding a stake of no more than 25%. Foreign partners will hold about a 50% stake, with the company floated on the Lagos, New York, London, Frankfurt and Tokyo stock exchanges
(2) The NNPC will be recalibrated as a diversified conglomerate with a presence in manufacturing,...
Foreign direct investment (FDI) figures
(1) US -$4bn
(2) UK - $2bn
(3) Hong Kong - $1.9bn
(4) China - $1.5bn
(5) Ireland - $1.47bn
(6) Brazil - $778.5m
(7) Mexico - $500m
(8) India - $367.5m
(9) Vietnam - $318.7m
(10) South Africa - $139.2m
For Nigeria, the annual FDI figure was $118m. Given that we do not...
(1) With oil prices in the doldrums and the Dangote refinery poised to take over as Nigeria’s main source of petrol products, this is the time to cannibalise the NNPC and convert it into an industrial concern
(2) Dangote’s Lekki refinery has effectively made the three dormant NNPC refineries needless. We have to now...