(1) India - 5.9m km
(2) Brazil - 1.75m km
(3) South Africa - 750,000 km
(4) Thailand - 702,210 km
(5) Indonesia - 542,310 km
(6) Turkey - 445,000 km
(7) Mexico - 393,473 km
(8) Iran - 291,014 km
(9) Pakistan - 263,942 km
(10) Nigeria - 193,200 km
We have our work cut out as neither our road nor...
(1) We have a 2021 budget of $33bn but are planning to borrow at least $14bn to fund it
(2) We are poised to spend $7.8bn importing used cars and motorcycles in 2021
(3) We have no plans whatsoever to join the rest of the human race in looking for a remedy to this virus. Has it occurred to us that if Nigeria developed...
Nigeria currently has about 21.7m unemployed people, 10.5m out-of-school children, about 3m internal refugees and 90m people living below the UN acknowledged poverty of surviving on less than $2 a day. With the economic shutdown precipitated by the Covid-19 pandemic, things can only get worse during the course of 2021
(1) In 2019, US foreign direct investment (FDI) worldwide totalled $5.96trn
(2) Within the US itself, FDI during that period totalled $246bn, with about $125bn of this coming from Japan
(3) Every industrialised nation worldwide takes FDI very seriously because it opens up new markets for their goods, creates ancillary...
After last night's 6-0 thrashing, there is simply no way Joachim Lowe can stay on as Germany's head coach
One could argue that Lowe is Germany's mist successful manager ever, winning the World Cup in Brazil in spectacular fashion in 2014, including that 7-1 demolition of the home team in front of their fans
(1) Unlike many Eagles fans, I am not actually surprised our boys surrendered a four goal lead yesterday against Sierra Leone. Recent draws against Ukraine, Brazil and Tunisia have shown that this team is incapable of game management
(2) It is standard convention that when you are in the lead and in control of a match,...
NIGERIA's federal government is seeking the approval of the National Assembly for a $1.2bn loan from Brazil to finance its proposed agricultural programmes contained in the 2021 budget.
In August, President Muhammadu Buhari presented Nigeria's most ambitious budget ever to the National Assembly when he unveiled a...
(1) The jumbo pay packages of our lawmakers are an affront to any decent society
(2) The impunity with which corrupt people are running the country. Orji Uzor Kalu was convicted of fraud by a court but remains a senator, while Abdullahi Ganduje was caught red handed receiving bribes yet remains a governor
NIGERIANS have been barred from participating in the US visa lottery programme in 2022 as part of the ongoing imposition of restrictions on the country's citizens in what is feared may be a response to growing insecurity and other threats to life and property.
In January this year, the US said it would suspend the issuance...
I would adopt this as the Super Eagles permanent strip so we have an iconic jersey recognisable anywhere.
Here are 10 countries whose strips you would immediately recognise anywhere on planet earth whenever they take to the pitch: