BRITISH healthcare agency Public Health England (PHE) has found 38 cases of a new Nigerian Covid-19 strain currently raging which is causing grave concerns as it is reported to be less effective against vaccination.
Following its latest research, PHE announced the discovery and has now labelled the strain a variant under...
(1) He should use it as an opportunity to announce to the whole world that Nigeria is open for business and in search of investors in the animal husbandry business
(2) Like the Paris Climate agreement, it should set goals for global livestock and animal feed production with the aim of ensuring...
(1) This year, about one third of Nigeria’s $33bn annual budget shall be funded by borrowing. We simply do not generate enough wealth as a nation to raise a paltry $33bn despite having a population of 200m
(2) Sadly, Nigeria is a mono-economy with about 95% of government revenue coming from crude oil exports. With...
(1) India - 5.9m km
(2) Brazil - 1.75m km
(3) South Africa - 750,000 km
(4) Thailand - 702,210 km
(5) Indonesia - 542,310 km
(6) Turkey - 445,000 km
(7) Mexico - 393,473 km
(8) Iran - 291,014 km
(9) Pakistan - 263,942 km
(10) Nigeria - 193,200 km
We have our work cut out as neither our road nor...
(1) We have a 2021 budget of $33bn but are planning to borrow at least $14bn to fund it
(2) We are poised to spend $7.8bn importing used cars and motorcycles in 2021
(3) We have no plans whatsoever to join the rest of the human race in looking for a remedy to this virus. Has it occurred to us that if Nigeria developed...
Nigeria currently has about 21.7m unemployed people, 10.5m out-of-school children, about 3m internal refugees and 90m people living below the UN acknowledged poverty of surviving on less than $2 a day. With the economic shutdown precipitated by the Covid-19 pandemic, things can only get worse during the course of 2021
(1) In 2019, US foreign direct investment (FDI) worldwide totalled $5.96trn
(2) Within the US itself, FDI during that period totalled $246bn, with about $125bn of this coming from Japan
(3) Every industrialised nation worldwide takes FDI very seriously because it opens up new markets for their goods, creates ancillary...
After last night's 6-0 thrashing, there is simply no way Joachim Lowe can stay on as Germany's head coach
One could argue that Lowe is Germany's mist successful manager ever, winning the World Cup in Brazil in spectacular fashion in 2014, including that 7-1 demolition of the home team in front of their fans
(1) Unlike many Eagles fans, I am not actually surprised our boys surrendered a four goal lead yesterday against Sierra Leone. Recent draws against Ukraine, Brazil and Tunisia have shown that this team is incapable of game management
(2) It is standard convention that when you are in the lead and in control of a match,...
NIGERIA's federal government is seeking the approval of the National Assembly for a $1.2bn loan from Brazil to finance its proposed agricultural programmes contained in the 2021 budget.
In August, President Muhammadu Buhari presented Nigeria's most ambitious budget ever to the National Assembly when he unveiled a...