(1) Six mega cattle ranches will be established across Nigeria
(2) It will become illegal for cattle to roam across Nigeria or anywhere outside designated ranches
(3) All Fulani herdsmen will be disarmed by the Nigerian government
(4) Each cattle ranch will have schools, technical colleges and bandit rehabilitation centres
(5) Each ranch will have a veterinary clinic attached to it
(6) Each ranch will have an animal feed compounding plant built on its premises to provide food for cattle
(7) Each ranch shall have an adjoining milk processing plant
(8) Each ranch shall have a leather tanning factory attached to it
(9) Each ranch shall have a police station attached to it to provide security
(10) Every one of these ranches shall have a rail link. From henceforth, cattle will only be moved across Nigeria by rail
If we recollect, it was the US that insisted President Obasanjo create the EFCC. It was a condition for cooperation between the two governments and I see no reason why the same should not apply here.
Ultimately, the herdsmen saga is going to degenerate into inter-ethnic bloodshed and we all know where that will lead. We will end up with ethnic cleansing, bandit enclaves and sanctuaries where the likes of Boko Haram and Isis will thrive.
President Biden will be well aware of the fact that the US will pay a heavy price if it allows another Afghanistan to develop in Nigeria. It will cost them one tenth of the price to help Nigeria develop cattle ranches.
Common sense will tell anyone that even if Boko Haram/Isis cannot launch another 9/11, the cost of containing them will be colossal. Troop deployments, Tomahawk cruise missiles, F-16 air strikes, etc are not cheap, so helping Nigeria find the construction of ranches is a far cheaper option.