(1) A pepper grinding and corn milling machine
(2) A cocoa shelling machine
(3) A double decker molue that can rival Volvo buses in terms of quality
(4) Air conditioned bus stop booths
(5) Double decker railway carriages
(6) An egusi shelling machine
(7) A machine that removes maize from the cob
(8) A cassava and yam peeling machine
(9) An electronic yam pounding machine
(10) A cooker that makes eba, lafun, amala, fufu, etc
I am not aware of one Nigerian device that is globally patented. Do we actually know how much we can generate by licensing patents to manufacturers elsewhere so they can make machines we have designed?
We are always blaming the government for our woes but bad leadership does not stop ordinary Nigerians from submitting ideas to the Patent Office. With a nation of 200m people, our Patent Office should be so overworked, their backlog should go back two years and they should have branches in each of our 36 states.