(1) By Christmas, many countries would have started their mass vaccination programme
(2) Most serious nations have already forward-bought their vaccination doses and are currently working on the logistics of distribution
(3) Nigeria did not make any provision whatsoever for a Covid-19 vaccination in the 2021 budget
(4) Once vaccinations begin, it is inevitable that blanket visa bans will be placed on those nations that have not vaccinated their populations
(5) In addition, I do not see how any investor will plough capital into a country where the population is not vaccinated
(6) Once again, Nigeria has been caught napping on the job. Did it not occur to anyone in Aso Rock that they would need to purchase a coronavirus vaccine in 2021?
(7) If you ask me, by now, Nigeria should have secured deals with the likes of Pfizer to mass produce the vaccine and distribute it across Africa in exchange for the country getting its local stocks free
(8) Even if Pfizer give us the vaccine for free today, do we have the refrigerated warehouses in which to store it? I hope someone is constructing them today
(9) Unless Nigeria’s elite are prepared to sit their behinds at home throughout 2021, they better start raising funds to purchase thus vaccine. I would suggest several private jets are auctioned. It is pointless relying on the government as it simply does not have the cash
(10) What I see happening next year is a form of “Health Passport” being issued for international travellers. Not being vaccinated will automatically ground you. Are Nigerian health authorities even thinking along these lines at all?