By Ayo Akinfe
(1) No matter how much we protest about it, the reality remains that the rest of the human race refuses to recognise negroid people as fully-fledged homo sapiens. There is no evidence out there to suggest that this will change any time soon
(2) Nobody will ever admit this in public but Caucasians regard negroes as something of a link between humans and other primates. We are seen as a higher ape than the ourang outang, gorilla, chimpanzee, etc but are not fully paid-up homo sapiens like say Slavs or Scandinavians
(3) You just need to look at the trans-Atlantic Slave Trade if you want evidence of this. One species does not enslave its own on such an industrial scale. You only do that to those you consider lesser animals or beasts of burden. Kind of like the way we treat horses, oxen, donkeys and reindeers
(4) It was actually very easy to regard sub-Saharan Africans as lesser beings because when the Europeans arrived on our continent, our grandest buildings were built of mud. In contrast, Europe, the Incas, Chinese, Indians, Arabs, Asian Buddhists, etc had castles, temples, palaces, etc built of stone, granite, ivory and timber
(5) If we want to be honest with ourselves, we Africans have not done enough to dispel all those concepts. Our continent remains the poorest on earth, we account for less than 3% of world trade, we manufacture next to nothing, have no global brands, are a dumping ground for goods produced elsewhere and survive by selling primary commodities to which we add no value
(6) Put yourself in the position of the Caucasian for a minute and look at Africa. How on earth can people who cannot even maintain refineries or distribute electricity claim to be equals with those who maintain space stations, manufacture nuclear weapons and land on the moon?
(7) It is no surprise that everyone else has joined in the caricature of the African. Asians like the Indians, Chinese, Indonesians, Malaysians, etc all now treat us with the same disdain as Caucasians. Covid-19 just brought biases to the fore
(8) I put it to you all that Negroid people would not be regarded as such inferior beings if say five of the top global automobile brands were produced by African nations
(9) China and Japan in particular have forced the Caucasian world to respect them and India is now in the process of doing so, especially with its Tata Industries. If we want similar respect, we simply have to earn it. We are deluded if we think it will be given or if Caucasians will suddenly just develop a guilty conscience
(10) As Africa’s largest country, biggest economy and continental powerhouse, Nigeria shoulders the burden of the negro globally. Until Nigeria becomes a top five global economy with brands like Toyota, Mercedes, Bosch, Microsoft, Phillips, Cadbury, Nestor, Luis Vitton, Armani, etc, Black people will continue to be treated with disdain globally. As far as I am concerned, Nigeria has to assume its fair share of the blame for the police murders in the US. How come Chinese and Indian Americans are not treated with such disdain?