By Ayo Akinfe
(1) How come no one is talking about the threat of coronavirus through Apapa port?
(2) Given how congested the port is, an outbreak there will spread to millions within days
(3) Given that shipping crews come from all over the world, they are highly likely to bring the virus to Nigeria
(4) Do we actually know how many ships come into Lagos from China?
(5) Does the Nigerian government have a contingency plan in case it has to shutdown Apapa port?
(6) If that ever happens, it may actually be a blessing in disguise as it will force us to produce what we consume
(7) They say necessity is the mother of invention. If we can no longer import automobile parts, we will be forced to manufacture them
(8) History is littered with cases of countries having to look inwards because of economic blockades. Coronavirus may offer Nigeria her moment of reckoning
(9) Should the Nigerian government take the initiative and use the pandemic outbreak as the basis to ban a lot of imports in a drive to boost domestic production?
(10) What sectors should we start with? Where should the import substitution revolution begin from?